Re: [tlug] USB connection to scanner lost

Dave M G writes:

 >> But if your scanner is broken, it is a good news, because now you
 >> can start boycotting the canon products. ;-)

 > Um... okay... but why would I do that? From what I can tell, they
 > release drivers for Linux and over all I've had good success with
 > getting them to work.

AFAIK they don't "release drivers", they distribute binaries.  If they
break, you get to keep both pieces.  You yourself have been
reinstalling your whole OS in hopes of getting your Canon product to
work.  Their products are not enough better or cheaper than other
companies to make that acceptable in my book.

And to top it off, they're currently chairing Keidanren, so they must
have made a pact with the Devil.<wink>

 > Which brand would you recommend?

HP and Epson have always been pretty good about releasing tech specs,
and generally have been well-supported by open source software.