Re: [tlug] USB connection to scanner lost

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 11:18:18AM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> TLUG,
>

> My USB scanner - a Canoscan N1220U - is no longer showing up as an available
> device when I open Xsane.

I wonder if this is a permissions issue?  I'm not very familiar with
Ubunutu, however on FreeBSD, I would find that xsane found the scanner
if I ran it as root, but not if I ran it as ordinary user.  I fixed that
by working on permissions in /etc/devfs.conf.  (I don't know what Linux
uses, however.)

What happens if you run xsane with sudo?

The only reason I'm even answering this is because I haven't yet seen
any other responses, so I figure I'll give you something to do while you
wait for someone with a clue to answer.

(So, when you solve it and thank people, you can almost certainly leave
me out--if, by some miracle, running it with sudo works, then you can
include me.)  :)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: I don't play well with others.