Re: [tlug] USB connection to scanner lost

Marcelo,

Thank you for responding.
Maybe this info might help you: http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux
It did help, thank you.

It wasn't a kernel issue, as I've always been at a more recent kernel than what they reference in the README.

However, in that same README they mention a file called /etc/ld.so.conf.

After a little experimentation, I found that having these lines in that file improved the situation:

include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/local/lib

Now, I can open Xsane and it will detect the Canon scanner. I don't have to be in super user mode to get the Canon to appear, which is good.

However, I am still crashing when I attempt to actually acquire a preview or scan an image.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft