Re: [tlug] USB connection to scanner lost

Godwin, Darren, Maxime,

Thanks for responding.
http://www.sane-project.org/
The models there seem to be all listed by either US or European brands, so it's not clear all the time if the Japanese models aren't supported, or if they are just under a different name.

In any case, I'm considering either the Canon LiDE 70, which hopefully is not so different from the LiDE 40 that Darren has working.

Or the Epson GT-S600, which works in Ubuntu according to this web page:
http://push.cx/tag/linux/?show=full
(The web page refers to it as a "Perfection V100", but if you look at the drivers it uses, you can see it's actually the same as the GT-S600)

As you can see, I'm trying to spend around 10,000 yen for a scanner. I'd love to get a scanner that can scan a B4 size paper, but that seems to be something impossible under 50,000 yen.

Does anyone have any cautionary tales for me about either of the above scanners, or a suggestion on a better one before I go out tomorrow and buy a new scanner? As mentioned, this is work related, so unfortunately I'm under a little time pressure.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft