Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On 10/14/2013 08:47 PM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
Not on Ubuntu Gnome, but on Ubuntu Unity.  (What are the procedures
you followed for axing Unity and using Gnome instead?)

For gnome-legacy (gnome-2 like) environment -- it should be just
'sudo apt-get install gnome-shell'
log out.
Select gnome-legacy from the login screen.

If you want gnome-3 -- http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/04/gnome-3-8-ppa-for-ubuntu-gnome

Personally I prefer the old gnome-2 style environment with no special effects -- or Cinnamon 14. I don't care for Cinnamon 15.

Steve S.