Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> On a second try of F20, everything worked as expected, using dwm as my
> window manager and just starting ibus when I needed it.
> So, I dunno.  Seems that ibus-mozc is generally working for me in Fedora
> with that one exception today.

I went ahead and trashed my English (language) installation of Debian
and re-installed it as a Japanese language installation.  Now Japanese
input is working fine 日本語万歳! but I have to sometimes first
[Ctrl]+[Space] and *then* [Shift]+[Space] to get to 日本語, although once
there, just [Shift] + [Space] gets me into and out of Japanese input
from that point....

I haven't completely given up on Kubuntu/Ubuntu yet, but at this
point, Debian is easier to use than Ubuntu... which seems a little
strange...

Lyle