Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:30:31AM +0200, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM, steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:
>
> > > running on Kubuntu 13.04...
> >
> > and mint 14 cinnimon both went in with no errors.  I'm wondering if
> > ubuntu is changing it's underlying language support or something.  It
> > seems crazy...
> >

> Did someone use some other flavour of 13.04?
> We know that kubuntu is problematic
> Gnome classic works
> Did someone test successfully Japanese input (with ibus/anthy) on
> lubuntu/xubuntu.

Yes, I was able to get it working pretty easily on one install of Lubuntu
13.04 but not on another.  On the second one, I can only get it working in
urxvt, but not in Libreoffice or firefox.

On a 13.10 test lubuntu install same issue, I can only get it to work in
urxvt.  I also tried with mozc as opposed to anthy, same result.  I'm not
sure why this is, I don't have a problem with the RH based distros or
FreeBSD.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6