Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM, steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> running on Kubuntu 13.04...

I recently tried to install ubuntu 13.04 and Mint 15 (based on 13.04)
and had all kinds of problems.  When the install broke because it
couldn't download ibus-anthy I finally gave up and went back to 12.10.
Also, all the Japanese lang-pack stuff failed to install.  12.10 ubuntu
and mint 14 cinnimon both went in with no errors.  I'm wondering if
ubuntu is changing it's underlying language support or something.  It
seems crazy...

Did someone use some other flavour of 13.04?
We know that kubuntu is problematic
Gnome classic works
Did someone test successfully Japanese input (with ibus/anthy) on lubuntu/xubuntu.

To come back with the KDE issue, I suppose that "qtconfig-qt4" shows that
ibus is used ?

Also, maybe worth a try, if everything else fails, OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP could be set
to "gnome" or "kde" before launching libreoffice. I never tried this kind of trick, but some
forums discuss about it.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.