Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On 10/04/2013 09:12 PM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
Strange: Everything works fine on my 13.05, including ibus, and Japanese
input. Even in X apps, with the--xim option. I use Gnome classic.
I dont understand your issue with ibus-anthy. I installed, for Japanese:

ibus
ibus-anthy
ibus-el (for Emacs)
ibus-qt4
language-selector-gnome

I don't know too. I tried a several times over a couple of weeks and got the same result. I could update from 12.10 to 13.04 fine but clean install failed for both Ubuntu 13.04 and Mint 15 while trying to install Japanese support.

I'm nervous about going forward with Ubuntu in any case. It looks to me like they're moving away from desktop/laptop. I can see the market for tablets and phones but it's a consumption market. I can't write anything significant on a tablet and don't see a touchscreen laptop/desktop in my future unless I can no longer get a "normal" computer.

Over that period I also played with debian, suse, and a couple of other releases at the same time.

I have a tablet and it's quite useful and I'm starting to write code for Android. I haven't touched my 電子辞書 in a couple of months. My tablet does everything it did and lots more, the 辞書 on it is meant for someone with English as primary language and it's less expensive. (Thanks Jim :)

Steve S.