Re: [tlug] Sony: Proprietary Junk

Godwin Stewart wrote:

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 07:38:20 +0900, essertier
<essertier@example.com> wrote:

And someone, maybe on TLUG, said that their software is lousy, which
I did find to be true, after I heard that.

I can relate to that. I have Sony-Ericsson V600i cellphone and the
software supplied with it simply doesn't work. Period.

Speaking of Sony software. I was stupid enough to buy an MP3 player (Sony NW-E005), but it doesn't actually. It only plays some weird native format and the only way to get an MP3 file into your ears is to convert it into the native format with some really really horrible software that makes MP3's sound muddy. I wish I could just get my money back and buy a real MP3 player, but at least I can warn the readers of this list to not buy a Sony "MP3" player that only plays a rotten Sony native format with rotten Sony software. Is there some way of loading real functional software into the hardware and making it into a proper machine, or do I have to take a sledgehammer to it to smash it to bits and buy another company's product? (I also have a Cowon MP3 player that was working great - for two months, until it broke, and I can't find the bloody receipt to get it fixed under warranty.) Do the "Creative" ones sound okay? I've got a couple of friends who swear by them, but they were only talking about cost and reliability - no mention of the sound quality was made....

Lyle