Re: [tlug] Which X Driver for VIA Chipset Micro ATX? [SOLVED]

> Remember that there are live-CD versions of Ubuntu,

That's right!  I forgot about that.  I was thinking I'd have to
reinstall Ubuntu just in order to read its config file.

Well, so I tried changing the XF86Config-4 file, copying stuff over from
the Knoppix version of that file, and when I rebooted, got a message
like, "Cannot start X Window system."  So, without any idea how to
change the file again using a terminal, I decided to just try
re-installing the whole thing with my Debian DVD and choose vesa this
time.

And whad'ya know?!  It worked!  The screen is crystal clear!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't tell you how cool this is, and
how much I appreciate everyone's help.  I have wanted to do this ever
since I first started using Ubuntu.  I feel like I just got my driver's
license or something.

It's 800 x 600 I guess, since that's what is selected in the Screen
Resolution preference setting, but I'll take 800 x 600.  No problem!
Way better than what I had before.  FYI, 640 x 480 is the other option
listed there.

Thanks to all, especially Jim, Stephen, Botond, and Godwin.
Joe