Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 10:44:22 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- References: <email@example.com> <533CDA9D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <533D4200.email@example.com> <20140403145758.GA10618@scott1.scottro.net> <CAL-VO6KSLUVLF6+03zkGr40mw1z8Wwtef0X0DrsBzTG+A6PHTA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAL-VO6JaQw8Yseh+jfpqtwEY0473ic3eVm4sCD6Winsc7TsZ0g@mail.gmail.com>
Benjamin Tayehanpour writes: > So fork it, put the code back. Yeah, right. Why don't you try it, and come back and tell us how easy it is to do that? > There is no "end-user", unless you deliberately aim to be one. End-users are just people with lives. That is, all you have to do to become an "end-user" is install any distro. At that point there are going to be many small annoyances that you'd like to change, just because people's tastes vary. If there's an easily discoverable option, you do. If not, well, people with lives don't have time to analyze unfamiliar code for every little thing, let alone get it contributed back upstream. > Frankly, I'm surprised that the input methods seem to be so frail, > seeming as there are many people who are affected. Surely, some of the > affected are coders? Are you really that inexperienced with the way these projects work? Probably some of the affected are coders. There's a reasonable chance some among them have "fixed" it locally. That doesn't mean they'll get it into upstream, especially not if the "fix" was to reverse a change that did get into the project. Somebody who really cares might post the fix in an unofficial branch on github, but it won't necessarily be trivial to find, nor will the distros necessarily be willing to maintain that patch themselves.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Open Access Journals
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Open Access Journals
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links