Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 10:57:58 -0400
- From: Scott Robbins <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <533CDA9D.email@example.com> <533D4200.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-12-10)
On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 08:12:00PM +0900, Darren Cook wrote: > > I went with ibus. > > A bit concerned that the IME setting is desktop-wide. So when jumping > from typing a Japanese email to the Firefox location bar, or a bash > shell, I'm typing in Japanese... > > I'm concerned because I cannot find the setting to make it per-window, > like I could in Ubuntu 10.04. And the following discussion seems to > imply the per-window option was removed deliberately: > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=847726#c11 Y'know, every time there's a Linux upgrade, I find myself remembering the Cory Doctorow comment about iTunes. "No one woke up this morning and thought, "gee, I wish there was a way I could do less with my music, maybe someone's offering that product today." In this case, the ibus developers do seem to want to work with people with problems, but with every Linux iteration, seems there's a decision made for us.... Though to be fair, it's also nice to have most hardware just work and not have to worry about properly constructing an xorg.conf. -- Scott Robbins PGP keyID EB3467D6 ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 ) gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links