Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 12:50:53 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130330 Thunderbird/17.0.5
> I'm thinking my next computer will run Linux Mint 16 (intending to > upgrade to Mint 17, which should be LTS). > ...Time passes... So, new computer is running Mint 16, which I'm generally pleased with. But installing IMEs has been generally quite painful, as usual. I've got detailed notes, which I'll post them at some point. But I seem stuck here, and I'm not sure which tree I need to bark up... I went with ibus. I went with mozc. (Locale is en_GB.UTF-8, keyboard layout is Japanese "OADG 109A".) In the keyboard icon in the toolbar, I changed from super+space to ctrl+space, and I chose "Japanese - Mozc" as the only input method. The issue I have is that ctrl-space is being ignored: well, I think it is cycling through the single choice of mozc. (?) Therefore I have to move the mouse to the toolbar and switch between "Direct Input" and "Hiragana" to move between English and Japanese input. Q. Should I install "normal" as an alternative ibus input method. Then ctrl-space will toggle between them, and I can leave mozc configured to always use Hiragana? PROBLEM: I cannot find a "normal" option. I tried adding one of the "English" options, but then I have to chose a keyboard layout, and it reset me to using an UK keyboard! Q. Or, is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle between just "direct input" and "Hiragana" in mozc? Thanks! Darren
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] MakerCamp on April 12
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] MakerCamp on April 12
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] IMEs in Mint?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links