Re: [tlug] Copyright and preserving TLUG presentations [was: ...How to Grok Logs]

On 26 June 2012 08:12, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
>> > .....No subway here in Brittany,
>>
>> Nantes has trams, but it's not officially in Brittany any more...
>
> Ooops. If I were you, I would not start a discussion about this sensible
> subject, hehehe :-)
> A permanent discussion here... But discussions are restarting in parliament
> about this subject.

I think just renaming "Loire-Atlantique"  "South Brittany" would fix it  8-)}

> When I was young, Nantes was described (I mean in bar discussions) as not
> being in Brittany,
> probably due to "Anne de Bretagne", who "sold Brittany to France" :-)

Garn, the French pinched it, as they did most of l'hexagon. (I still think
Corsica should be given back to the Corsicans...)

>> We're off to France next week, but not to Brittany. Just Paris and then
>> hiking in the Cévennes (le chemin de Stevenson) .
>
> I don't really know Cevennes, but I believe you could enjoy this area...

We expect to. We have already hiked in Lozère some years ago.

> Please let
> us know when you come back! Especially if you do follow Stevenson's trip,
> with a donkey
> (it seems to be 250 km long,  頑張って then!). It could take 10-15 days (I
> consider 20 km/day
> is not bad, as not flat), and maybe double if your donkey is a funny one
> which could refuse to walk
> sometimes, or insist on going the opposite way. Please get a Modestine bis!
> And no, carrot do not work ;-)

No Modestine for us (although there are companies which offer the walk with
a donkey.) We are just doing the first half of the Stevenson walk (Le Puy to
Chasseradès.) I hope the route doesn't follow his path too precisely,
as he spent
a lot of his time getting lost.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University