Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

2011/10/24  <brandelune@example.com>:

> I know that. But emacs does not yet support Java ;)

Sure it does. Steve Yegge, being insane, even recommends it: [1]

"Compared to Emacs Wizards, graphical-IDE users are the equivalent of
amateur musicians, pawing at their instrument with a sort of
desperation."

I personally use Eclipse for Java, Ruby, and C++, and XEmacs for all
other programming. But I'm a weak, weak man. ;)

> Honestly, if input systems were better integrated and/or more user friendly (like in "designed" for users :) I'd be all for going Linux.

I've not really had any complaints about IMEs Just Working in recent
versions of Ubuntu. What problems have you experienced?

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://sites.google.com/site/steveyegge2/effective-emacs