Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

Nigel Barker writes:

 > I don't see why it seems to be accepted that Apple makes good
 > designs.

Because it *is* accepted and they *do* make good designs.  Why else?

 > Good hype is what they make.

Ah.  Well, pot-kettle-black, eh?

 > Unity, Gnome and KDE need to buck up and make something that favours
 > function over form.

In UI, form *is* function.

 > After all, that's why we use Linux - because it works better,
 > right?

Why should they care about us?  We're a captive audience.  They
(especially Canonical) are going after the people who say "The Linux
kernel is all hype, show us some GUI."