Re: [tlug] Quoting...yet again

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 01:20:38PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2008-12-22 22:45 -0500 (Mon), Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> > You feel that trimming (and lack of it) is more of an issue than top
> > posting.
>
> Correct.
>
> > You would like me (and/or other mods) to pay as much attention to
> > trimming as we do to top posting.
>
> Correct. Or even more. Additionally, I feel that getting people to trim
> stands a good chance of making top-posting go away as well, or in other
> words, two for the price of one.
>

> > If I have correctly understood the gist of your emails, I
> > believe it is possible.
>
> You have, I belive, and that's great to hear.

Ok, excellent.  Drop me emails when you feel it's happening here.  The
reason is that both Josh and myself have gotten so busy with real life
that we often don't catch every email.

Note that in many cases, especially with trimming which can be
subjective, I will be more likely to write the person privately rather
than posting on the list.  If you send me such emails, I might not
respond for a day or so, but I will definitely respond.

There have been times where Josh has privately emailed me to tell me
that he feels I should be trimming more aggressively.  Usually, it's me
being a bit lazy, but there are times when it was simply a difference of
what was necessary to remain for context.

Thanks again, for your (as usual) valuable input.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: I came over here to tell Buffy to stop this
craziness, and
found you all unconscious--again. How many times have you been
knocked out, anyway? I swear, one of these times, you're going
to wake up in a coma.
Giles: Wake up in a...? Oh, never mind. We need to save Buffy from
Hansel and Gretel.
Cordelia: Now, let's be clear. The brain damage happened before I hit
you.