Re: [tlug] Quoting...yet again

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:47:32AM +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> > You can argue it if you wish, you can top post if you wish /../
>
> I don't know who the "you" was you were replying to, but none of what
> you wrote applied to my message, and I certainly never mentioned
> top-posting.

No, you trimmed too aggressively. I was quoting, and correctly, your
part about as Curt says, he wants to see the new stuff up front.

Recheck the archives all the emails are there, and perhaps it will make
more sense to you.

I use mutt, and I believe it quotes correctly.  Curt's stuff has >> in
front of it, yours has > in front of it.

I don't use gmail for lists, so I don't know if it quotes correctly or
not.  If it didn't, then the fault is with your mail client, sorry.
Look at the archive posting and you can see how it is properly quoted.

Folks, I'm done with this.  If you folks want to vote me out as
moderator, I'm fine with that.

Please don't top post and please trim.  It's what the majority of list
members want.  Apparently a vocal minority doesn't.

Ok, for those who write me and ask me to point out to people that they
should trim and not top post, I'm afraid I'm going to leave it to you to
do so yourselves in the future.  It's how we used to it, and it worked.
We started with moderators moderating when a bunch of long time members
left the list--for other reasons.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Are you crazy? You just don't sneak up on people in a
graveyard. You make noise when you walk, you stomp, or... yodel.