Re: [tlug] Quoting...yet again

On 2008-12-22 05:01 -0500 (Mon), Scott Robbins wrote:

> One reason I mention it, usually publicly, especially if someone's
> English is good, is so that the list members who *do* care, will see
> that it's being mentioned.

Well, at risk of getting a moderation bit: how does this strike you?
Let's drop the top-posting complaints, and instead complain about the
thing that really does bug me (as well as all of the anti-top-posting
crowd): excessive quoting.

My main complaint here is that the impression I get, from the responses
to top posting, is that massive quotes are ok, so long as you put your
response at the bottom of them rather than the top.

> Some time ago, I received special dispensation, as a few of the long
> time members said that my Buffy quotes amuse them.

My personal opinion on this aside, I'm not convinced it's a good idea
for list moderators to be setting a bad example by regularly violating
the rules of the list.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com