Re: [tlug] Quoting...yet again

On 2008-12-22 21:06 -0500 (Mon), Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:36:33AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
> > My main complaint here is that the impression I get, from the responses
> > to top posting, is that massive quotes are ok, so long as you put your
> > response at the bottom of them rather than the top.
>
> Wow.  I'm not sure how you got that impression.  I will do my best to
> rectify that in the future.

I got it from things like this:

> Naw, no moderation bit for that one.  However, I will keep the top
> posting complaints--I also try to mention trimming that is insufficient.

So you'll also try to mention trimming, but top-posting gets first
priority.

I think that if you get people to trim, the top-posting may go away
as a side-effect of that.

> Ah, this one was 4 lines.  :)

Extending your signature to ten lines total, not including the sig
separator. :-)

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com