Re: [tlug] Make Web Mail Server that Follows Polysaturated Threads

On Jan.18 12h40, Joshua B. wrote :
> As a google user I'd like to chime in that I'm in the camp that would
> like to nag google into fixing gmail so that it respects the
> particular header that keeps threads together based on references
> rather than subject lines.  Or at least gives users the option to
> group 'conversations' that way.
>
> [snip]
> Has any other Gmail user read any official statement from the Gmail
> people about this issue?

The only thing I found is this page [1], where they explain that if
messages are not properly threaded we can complain to them and send them
the full header explaining how the messages *should* have been threaded.

Back 6 months ago, I did this for a few messages, but I didn't receive
answers from them except the following automatic response mail [2].

As always, it might be a question of how many people do this, but
honestly I think that the users they target think that threading on
subject is a *cool* feature...

Evan

[1] http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8259&topic=1536
[2] Gmail's reply (I snipped the 挨拶)

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem. The information
you provided has been forwarded to the appropriate team for
investigation. We will contact you if any additional information is
needed.