Re: [tlug] Nasty Problem: searching for strings that span newlines

Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> writes:

> So I cannot demand that Jim refrains from changing the subject line,
> since *he* is playing by the RFCs and it is *our* mailers who are not.
>
> But Jim, if you don't mind leaving the subject line alone in the
> context of a single thread, that would help some of us out.

I instead would personally prefer that everybody do exactly what
Jim does, and change the subject line when posting a reply to a
thread, if the subject of the reply differs from the subject line
for the original message that started the thread.

For the some of you who choose to use an MUA that doesn't support
message threading correctly, either instead choose to use another
MUA that correctly supports threading or quit asking others to
change their behavior in order to work around the deficiencies in
the MUA you've chosen to use.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith