Re: [tlug] Nasty Problem: searching for strings that span newlines

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:03:46 +0900, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> I personally like the fact that Gmail keeps all of my mail centralised
> and backed up. That is much easier on me. However, I now have to
> accept the deficiencies of the Gmail client (at least, until I finally
> get around to writing WebMutt).

Actually, that's not entirely true.

I'm using my own MUA (sylpheed) to send this message via gmail's SMTP
servers using SSL/TLS. I'm also Bcc'ing the message to another address of
mine so that I get a local copy of it. Meanwhile, gmail is also keeping a
record of this mail. Any replies sent to TLUG are stored by gmail *and*
forwarded to my other address.

So, you get to have correct threading of messages by using your own MUA,
*and* you can delete mails regularly because gmail is backing them up
anyway.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.