Re: [tlug] [Announcement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2006-01-14

Josh Glover wrote:

> Will you send me the raw video from your camera so that I can encode
> it and slap the torrents up? If you have a temporary download
>
> location, I can grab it over the 'Net, or you can burn it to CD /
> DVD--if you have that capability--and I can meet you somewhere on the
> Negishi Line. :)

    Lemme work on that.  I've not bothered to get my Linux setup for
importing DV so have
been using iMovie to handle most of this stuff for now.  If you know for
sure there's a
way to handle the .dv files that iMovie creates when it imports them in
I'll be happy
to dump those files in a temp location for you to grab.

    BTW to all other TLUGers I've been working encoding the
presentations and have
a mp4 version of the first presentation available here:
http://samsara.bebear.net/~al/tlug/TLUG_OpenBoxS.mp4

    If someone wants to snag it and offer a more permanent place for a
Bittorrent place
that would be great.  I'll try to setup a more permanent location on the
web for a
Bittorrent but for now it's straight HTTP.  Try not to devastate the
link you FTTH
owners  :)

Alain