[tlug] Make Web Mail Server that Follows Polysaturated Threads

Ian wrote:

> You see, this assumes that you have somewhere to run your mail client.
> Which I don't and Josh may not either.  So I'm certainly stuck with Gmail
> (or similar)'s deficiencies.

Find or write your own web based email server that works properly.
To avoid NIH, look at freshmeat.net.

You're not the only one in your situation, so if you write a
solution, others will come and someone will offer the free hosting.

> I do have a shell account ... but unfortunately it's
> impossible to connect to it due to firewalling for half of
> the time.

A completely different solution would be to proxy your email
through HTML at a friendly computer.
There's more than one way to deal to solve your problem.

A completely different approach would be for Google to fix Gmail.
Stage a publicity event to get Google's attention.
Play the big web mail providers against each other.
Yahoo raised their mail box quota after Google did.
Ask the list which web mail provider works properly.
You could always use Gmail as a receive only backup archive,
and do most of your stuff on web mail servers that
work the way you want, but that might lose your email.