Re: [tlug] Tiny Linux distro for boot loader?

On 24/1/21 3:50 pm, furkan@example.com wrote:
On 2021-01-24 15:22, Edward Middleton wrote:
if I could pre-boot a small Linux distro I could use all the
power of that to load whatever I want over the data plane.

Once you boot into linux, you can kexec into another kernel, etc.
But if you are okay with the time overhead of rebooting twice for
provisioning, booting anything would be possible. First stage would
be your minimal linux "bootloader", that downloads image, writes to
bootable storage, and reboots. Would that be close to your plan?

I was looking at this as a quick way to temporarily provision, maybe even just running from RAM so it would be better to not double boot. I wonder if any of the current boot loaders might do enough for what I need.

Edward

Home | Main Index | Thread Index