[tlug] FotoKilof gui for Imagemagick

I have used the command line for ImageMagick. It is workable, but ... I don’t use it often enough to remember all the subtleties of the commands and having to look everything up every time I try to use it is a real PITA. So along comes FotoKilof with the promise of a gui for Imagemagick and I jump on the bus.

Problem is, I can't get it to install.

Using Linux Mint 20, Gnome desktop.
[1] I have verified that python3 comes up when I ask for version, and pip is active.
[2] ImageMagick is installed and usable from the command line.
[3] I extracted the files for FotoKilof after downloading, then cd to the extracted folder.
[4] Tried “sudo python setup.py” and got the following message: File “setup.py”, line 9
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character ‘\xc5’ in file setup.py on line 9, but no encoding declared; see http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/ for details.

But, not being a computer geek, I have no idea what to try now. Is there some way that I need to "declare" encoding? Anyone else using FotoKilof?

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph Sumner
raroof@example.com