[tlug] Tiny Linux distro for boot loader?

I have been working on some tool[1] to use HP iLO 2,3,4 from Linux (and anything else rust compiles to) and have finally got to the point of booting from a cdrom image hosted at a url. Unfortunately this is loading over the iLO port which only supports 100Mb connections.

I want to load a simple Linux distro and use that to initialize the 1Gb network port and use that to download the actual boot image.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone have suggestions of distributions to use?

Edward

1. https://github.com/emiddleton/ilo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index