Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Travis Cardwell writes:

 > How about HTML and CSS?

HTML and CSS are both declarative languages.  That's why

 > Adding JavaScript would allow for more concise markup.

is so important.

 > I have a good friend who is a biologist, by the way, and she claims that
 > very few biologists use LaTeX, as the journals accept/expect Word. :|

Scientific Word is good enough for most of them, I'd expect, and
better than their own handwriting (so it passes the "beauty" test :-).

But I bet that pisses off the complexity theorists and mathematical
evolution theorists and population biologists no end. :-/