Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Raymond Wan writes:

 > I love LaTeX and try to do as much as I can with it.  But one thing
 > that Microsoft Word does well that LaTeX does poorly is track
 > changes.

No, LaTeX does a much better job of tracking changes (by not trying at
all).  Working with a committee where people randomly turn on or off
the change-tracking feature, not to mention Word's often poor choice
of change formatting is one of my biggest beefs with Word.

BTW, did you know that git now does word diffs?

 > Upper management wants the document, not a lecture on open source
 > software.  Well, at least for me...  :-)

Yes, that's a very common problem.