Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Travis Cardwell writes:
 > On 2014年05月14日 16:40, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > I'm curious which TLUG'ers prefer for Japanese, OpenOffice or
 > > LibreOffice?
 >
 > I also use $EDITOR and LaTeX for the vast majority of cases.

Let me clarify: I'm not interested in that.  I'm pretty sure that there
are few people on this list who use an office suite by preference.[1]
If you do like office suites, feel free to say so, though.

The question is what do you use if you *must* use an office suite?

I'm especially interested in comments like Benjamin's about Microsoft
compatibility vs. becoming a contender in its own right.

Footnotes:
[1]  There's been plenty of testimony already that the marketing term
"productivity suite" is an out-and-out lie.<wink/>