Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On 2014年05月14日 16:40, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I'm curious which TLUG'ers prefer for Japanese, OpenOffice or
> LibreOffice?

I also use $EDITOR and LaTeX for the vast majority of cases.  The only
time I use OpenOffice/LibreOffice is when I must use Microsoft Office
documents, and I don't remember the last time that happened (~4 years
ago?).  I have LibreOffice installed, as it is available in Debian.

I did all of the incorporation, business, accounting, and dissolution
documents (100s of pages of Japanese) for my company in LaTeX.  (As a
non-native speaker, I doubt it would have been possible to do by myself at
sufficient quality had I been using a WYSIWYG application.)  I was asked
for a Word document only once during the process: a lawyer wanted to
insert an authorization page into my articles of incorporation for digital
certification (電子定款認証) but thankfully just sent me the text to
insert myself upon request.

Cheers,

Travis