Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:11 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Let me clarify: I'm not interested in that.  I'm pretty sure that there
> are few people on this list who use an office suite by preference.[1]
> If you do like office suites, feel free to say so, though.
>
> The question is what do you use if you *must* use an office suite?

It is maybe not an exact answer to your question, but my wife and I
try to use Google
Docs these days. I don't input Japanese, but she does input Chinese
(simplified), mainly
for a book, which implies similar issues than Japanese input.
The reason why we like Google Docs: Nothing to do to edit with tablet,
any OS desktop
or laptop, or viewing on mobile phone; no file to transfer or to
export, it is just available on the device
we use at any moment.
The formatting cannot be very complex, but Office or PDF export is
quite good (when
resumes must be sent in either format or editors insist for one of
these formats - mostly Word -
for her books). About her books, these are pretty large documents (>
300,000 kanji), but
formatting is quasi-null,  so it is understandable that Word export is easy.
For resumes (short documents with more formatting), I did not notice
any major flaw too.

br.

PS. Another point that I I was never able to solve with a full suite
is the RW sharing of documents with
different users using different systems / different Office suite (if
any), but this is another story...

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.