Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Raymond Wan writes:
>
>  > I love LaTeX and try to do as much as I can with it.

Am I the only one who cannot write LaTeX here? I tried to make a
simple Haiku (3 lines),
plus a title, plus my name. It was at the time my wife started to
write her book.

I even tried some "interface" (lyx). No way it could be useful for
someone "normal" (i.e.
not wanting to spend time on what they think useless for their writing).

This is for geeks only (good or not), and I believe it will die with
the eldest people here.

In fact, I believe it is elitist: Nobody will read this format, except
some other elite. Mom
and dad won't. So you will have to translate your "nice" doc to a
web-based document
(or another one). And when they ask for help to correct their
document, you surely won't
translate it first to a "magical format reserved to their beloved son/daughter".

They are happy to discuss with you, possibly with Skype, they need you
sometimes, this
is why net/computer is useful. They are the "normal" users.

LaTeX users are surely not. No writer uses it. They could prefer hand
writing, or old typing machine, or word/libre/openoffice/google

Saying "I love LaTeX" is same as "I love chess". Dead game.

Sorry, this may be seen as a troll, but is not: If your parents and
children don't care, they cannot all be wrong. The guy in middle is
wrong.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.