Re: [tlug] Poll: OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

On 19/05/2014 01:54, Bruno Raoult wrote:
Again, LaTeX is probably very good. But for elite. Then going to disappear.

To be replaced by what, exactly? (Well, I am working on one possible replacement. ;-) )

I have been wondering recently what is the oldest software still in common use. vi/ex date from 1978, emacs from 1976, and TeX from 1978.

I am sure that all current software will disappear at some point. But 35 years and counting is a bit better than Visicalc and Microsoft Works.