Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

Attila Kinali writes:
 > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:50:51 +0900
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 >
 > > I've fixed a number of bugs related to butt-ugly practices
 > > that Java forces on its users (eg, 400KB files that contain only one
 > > class).
 >
 > How does java force you to do that?

I don't know for sure.  The file was from Xerces (Apache middleware?)

I think the problem was that this was a central class that needed to
provide a lot of functionality, to keep a lot of information private,
and to be very high performance.  The easiest way to accomplish all
three simultaneously was to keep adding to that class, and so it ended
up with all the organization of a large mangrove.  This was 10 years
ago or so; I suspect that both Java and refactoring technology have
improved a lot since then.

Anyway, the XEmacs user who reported the problem indicated that
refactoring of that file was unlikely to happen for several years, so
would you please fix XEmacs?

 > What would be a good method to fix that issue in java?

Just Say No?

As I say, I have never programmed in Java in anger (although I suspect
that if I were ever forced to, I'd be enraged!)