Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 7/10/07, Dave Brown <dagbrown@example.com> wrote:
General apathy towards a new product is Microsoft's worst nightmare.
They *want* strong reactions--be it love or hate, because that way at
least they know people are paying attention to what they do.

I think emotion usually runs "hotter" in non-Windows camps. I do not think there is much "passion" in the WIndows camp, and I don't know if Microsoft as a company seriously tries to create strong reactions either way.

In many minds Windows is the computer. I suspect the news
organisations around the world need to stop saying things like a
"computer virus" has infected x million PCs world wide. They need to
say things like a virus targeting computers running Microsoft ...

I suppose what I'm trying to say is Microsoft has such a market share
that they have become  synonymous with computer and therefore do not
need to play to people emotions and so on.

As someone said before. You do not get the sack for buying Microsoft.

Regards, Keith