Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 7/8/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
Having said all this, let the record show that Microsoft has not seen
a dime of my money since I bought a Dell back in early 2000 which came
bundled with Windows 98, which I promptly wiped off the disk and never
used.

It's easier to be magnanimous when you haven't been (much of) a victim yourself. I've lost a lot of money, time, and work due to the combination of Microsoft's rotten design decisions, unstable and unsafe products, and overpricing. Those robber barons have more negatively affected my life than they have yours obviously, which is why I'm as passionately opposed to them stealing any more of our freedoms. I like freedom, and what they're doing to the computer industry is a threat to us all (dubious patents, etc.). "If" (hopefully not "when") they begin to interfere with your ability to use Linux, your serenity would (or will) fade!

RM