Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Jean-Christophe Helary writes:
>
>  > Just like closed software tries to create a situation of dependancy.
>
> People *don't* say "no", however, precisely because the closed software, dependency and all, is better for their purposes than the open software.

Because there no information asymmetry? and we always make decisions on
the basis of what is best for us[1]?  I think both a lack of information
and psychology have a far greater role when it comes to software.

Edward

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_economics