Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

Stephen,

Thank you for your extremely clear reply.

And I did not declare that use of "liberal-open-source-license code"
was stealing, it is closing the code and/or not contributing back
that is stealing.

Just who do you claim is being stolen from? What property is being stolen? And where do the victims' rights to the property come from?

It is more a Monsanto/Terminator kind of theft that I see here. But I agree that the way you put it it is not theft. I just see it otherwise. Obviously the term "theft" is not well adapted but I can't find anything better at the moment.

Fair redistribution of zero is very easy.  Fair redistribution of a
negative surplus is even more painful than redistributing zero is
easy.  If you want to enjoy the redistribution of surplus, you'll do
better to aim at creating it, first. ;-)

That was the zeroest aim :) But for now it is only my wife and I and as long as we redistribute enough food to the kids everybody is happy :)

Cheers,
JC