Re: [tlug] running exim4 as alternate user (solved, kindof)

Hi everyone,

Well, I found a work around for my mailman problem. I tried following
Tod's advice here:

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 11:30 +0900, Tod McQuillin wrote:

> exim_user = mailnull
> exim_group = mail

although neither of these are present in /etc/exim/exim.conf I just
added them, and changed the user and group to mail, mailman, daemon etc,
but each of these attempts failed as exim wouldn't start. So I tried
just adding exim_group = mail, then changed permissions on the exim
binary again, this time changing the group from root to mail, then
chmodded it (again setting suid) to 4755, restarted the daemon and
voila, mail list is up and running.

Thanks for the assistance Tod and Keith.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo