Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > But can someone explain how this obscure secret that you're unlikely
 > ever to discover unless told by a person or help file is more
 > user-friendly, especially to beginners, than just having a second
 > button?

Nobody said the tricks to emulate more user-unfriendly interfaces were
user-friendly, just that they don't miss extra buttons when using the
Mac.

The single button is Aqua's way of telling you (as an app designer)
that whenever you think your users need more than one button, you're
wrong.  IMHO, that's worth the minor annoyance to XonX users (like me)
of having to find a gesture to express what they're used to doing with
2d and 3d buttons.