Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:12:56 +0200
- From: Niels Kobschätzki <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- References: <WPViy1L3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.NEB.email@example.com>
On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:30 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Jonathan Q wrote:
I dunno, but putting two fingers on the track pad and clicking = a right
click, and that no longer bugs me at all.
Well, that makes all the difference! It's that kind of thing that could
make life with a Macbook possible for me.
But can someone explain how this obscure secret that you're unlikely ever to discover unless told by a person or help file is more user-friendly, especially to beginners, than just having a second button?
That's no secret - it's in the system preferences (iirc)
Everything what has to do with a second mouse button usually has to be enabled in the system preferences (like the second mouse button of a mighty mouse) except you are attaching a "real" two-button mouse.
And you have a right click with one button as well: ctrl+click but software should be designed in the Apple-world that you can handle everything with only one mouse-button - you rarely need a second one in the Apple-world. Actually I can't remember a piece of software right now where I have to use the context-menu.
Jammern fÃr AnfÃnger: Niels K. (25) Jammerbacke -- auch fÃr professionelles Jammern zu haben
Und ansonsten: åç - ErgÃsse aus Langeweile
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Next by Date: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop? SOLVED
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links