Re: [tlug] running exim4 as alternate user?

 I've poked around google a while for this but so far all I've come up with is that I need to either recompile mailman with exim as the user it expects, or run exim as an alternate user. I'm thinking the latter would be easiest, but when I sudo to some other user and try to run Exim as someone else, I'm getting access denied- it seems Exim only wants to run as Exim. I checked /etc/exim/exim.conf but couldn't track down the user parameter for this.

Any hints?

From memory you need to be root (for binding to ports below 1024 and
the such) to start exim. Root privs are then dropped.

So, somewhere in the exim configs there should be "user" and "group"
options to run as.

Regards, Keith