Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] running exim4 as alternate user?
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:13:46 +0900
- From: scott <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] running exim4 as alternate user?
- User-agent: RoundCube Webmail/0.1b
Hi everyone, Please forgive the newbieness of this question- I'm setting up mailman, but apparently it wants Exim to be running as daemon or some other user (not as exim) for security purposes. When I try to post to new lists I get this error: Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as one of the following groups: [mail, postfix, mailman, nobody, daemon], but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group: "exim". Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as one of these groups: [mail, postfix, mailman, nobody, daemon], I've poked around google a while for this but so far all I've come up with is that I need to either recompile mailman with exim as the user it expects, or run exim as an alternate user. I'm thinking the latter would be easiest, but when I sudo to some other user and try to run Exim as someone else, I'm getting access denied- it seems Exim only wants to run as Exim. I checked /etc/exim/exim.conf but couldn't track down the user parameter for this. Any hints? Thanks in advance, Scott VanDusen Tokyo
- Re: [tlug] running exim4 as alternate user?
- From: Keith Bawden
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Next by Date: [tlug] New in town
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [reminder] 4/13 TLUG nomikai
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] running exim4 as alternate user?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links