Re: [tlug] Firefox beta 3 (was: NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 04:09:14PM +0900, Wayne wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 15:43 +0900, Edward Middleton wrote:
> >
> > In the interest of testing this I have sent this without a Reply-To
> > header set.  Previously I was getting both my email address and the
> > list
> > address in the Reply-To header
> >
> > Edward
> >

> I also wonder if it's a mistake to use GMail for this list. Since
> doing so, I have never received a copy of any post that I have made,
> unless that's normal? Also, since you posted this there have been
> other replies to the list that I haven't received yet.

Yes, that's normal for gmail actually.  They consider it a feature while
many people consider it a bug. If you send an email to a mailing list,
you won't get a copy in your inbox, this, according to them, "saves
clutter" and there's no option to change it .  Sometimes, on yahoo
groups and few others that stick on all sorts garbage to a list post,
you will get it because gmail won't recognize that it's the original
email.

However you will get replies to your posts.

> Maybe I'll unsubscribe before I pull the plug on this machine and
> move it to the new place and then resubscribe with my Dion account...

I don't use gmail for any mailing lists for that reason.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Faith: Isn't it crazy how slayin' just always makes you
hungry and horny?
Buffy: Well... sometimes I crave a nonfat yogurt afterwards.