Re: [tlug] Firefox beta 3 (was: NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?)

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 13:21 +0900, Gen Kanai wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> If you can let us know what you don't like, we can try to address
> your concerns.
>
> For Firefox 3 we've switched to the open surce Cairo library and
> Thebes for most of our graphics and font rendering.  Previously, in
> FF1.5 and FF2, Cairo was used for rendering SVG but that library is
> being leveraged much more significantly for FF3.

It seems when I hit reply, it went directly to Gen. Let's try again, but
to the whole group!

Hi Gen,

A picture is worth a thousand words :)

Swiftfox 2.0.0.11

http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/pictures/Swiftfox.png

Latest Beta 5

http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/pictures/Firefox3.png

I much prefer how the text is rendered in Swiftfox/Firefox 2

Wayne