Re: [tlug] Firefox beta 3 (was: NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 07:33:13AM +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:36:47 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
> The form of auto-complete used for the address bar got on my wick in about

Opera's latest does the same thing, to the point where I had to
eliminate dropdown in prefs.  It's worse, actually and can almost freeze
the machine, which isn't good when I'm browsing something and my boss
walks in.  He's more *nix knowledgeable than I am, so just switching to
the blank desktop doesn't work.  :)   (No, not porn, but for example,
Fedora forums about laptops when I'm supposed to be researching
nagios....)

> 3 seconds flat and I was unable to configure it to get mailto: links to
> invoke my mailer. In the end I reverted to 2.0.x and became much more
> serene.

You should have seen my mutt page, I have a fix for that.  Considering
that most of my info on using mutt with firefox comes from your page on
mailto in Mozilla...   :)  Just go to the page and search for "Godwin"
the fix is right around there somewhere.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: Death is your art. You make it with your hands day after
day. That final gasp, that look of peace. And part of you is
desperate to know: What's it like? Where does it lead you? And
now you see, that's the secret. Not the punch you didn't throw or
the kicks you didn't land. She really wanted it. Every Slayer has
a death wish. Even you.