Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?

Dmytro Koval'ov wrote:

>OK, counter is triggered by you, when you command to change region.
>Right? Counter is NOT triggered when you try to play DVD. Simply, if
>you DVD drive is set to region that differs from DVD you try to play,
>it won't.

Which sounds like it's triggered by the software - in which case it
seems like it would be technically feasible (legality aside) to ignore
the request to choose or feed back what the firmware wants to hear.  But
that would be too simple... I suppose the firmware is set to not play
anything until the software requests a change in the case of the disk
being a different region from what was originally set.

Back to four or five - I rethought that and realize that something
strange happened with my Region-1 player... I watched my first DVD on it
- a Region-1 disk from the US, and there was no request for anything,
but then when I watched a different disk (also Region-1), it requested a
change to Region-1 - indicating before I clicked OK that there were four
changes left.  At the time, I just figured that the first disk was an
All-Region disk, but I just checked it, and it's a Region-1.  I hope
there isn't a glitch that is triggering that with some Region-1 disks
(even though no other regions have been used) - and thereby shutting
down my Region-1 capabilities.....